Classic And Vintage Car Transport Service
When it comes to shipping a vintage car, a lot of things come to mind. First, you don’t want to stretch the car’s mileage, and you want it to remain in pristine condition. It may be that heirloom Sting Ray or just one of your many collections of vintage cars.
You may be faced with the need for transportation in many instances- when buying/selling, moving to a new state, etc. To make sure this process is as smooth as possible, you need a trustworthy car transport service in Australia, and that’s where we come in!
Moving Cars is your established interstate car transporter with plenty of locations spread across Australia. We have worked with renowned firms, collectors, and car enthusiasts for decades, and we always ensure each car reaches its destination safely.
Our company has dealt with various classic cars, and we know exactly what to do with them from the moment you ask for a quote. The team at Moving Cars is top-qualified, and you’ll see them in vintage car auctions, garage sales, and any car-related activity ready to take on the next assignment.
Prepare Your Vintage Car For Transport
While we promise to take care of everything once you choose to work with us, you must get your car ready before handing it over to us. We understand the care needed for vintage vehicles and that is why we are keen to make sure it is safely transported to its intended destination. So, to get your car ready for interstate vehicle transport, follow these simple steps:
- Wash your classic car squeaky clean if you have the time. Otherwise, we can also do it for you upon request.
- Photograph the car for your record
- Remove all personal items from the vintage vehicle, except for safety items like spare tires, kit, and other hand tools.
- Ensure the car is lockable and the parking brake engaged.
- Do general maintenance if the vehicle requires to be moved.
As you can see, it is easy to prep your car for transport in Australia.
Shipping Options For Classic Car Transportation
Once you choose our transport services, we’ll give you a few transport options. You can either choose open or closed carrier transport or depot to depot or door-to-door delivery. Due to the sophistication and value of classic cars, most clients prefer enclosed carrier transport services. An enclosed carrier will make sure your classic car is safe, discrete, and most of all free from external factors that might damage its appearance. If you choose an open carrier, we will ensure your vehicle is safe and protect it from external elements with our top-load only service.
At Moving Cars, we also offer expedited shipping and premium car carrier transport services for classic cars.
Expedited shipping is your best bet if you want the classic car delivered fast.
Why Do You Need Classic Car Transport Services?
- We protect your vehicle from external elements. We understand how deep you value that vintage car, and we will make sure it arrives in pristine condition. We will use special tools to enclose the car to get affected by extreme weather.
- Shipped with utmost care. Our transport services are diverse as we have shipped all types of vehicles including, classic, vintage, or even luxury cars. We will even provide you with a tracking number to check your vehicle as it moves.
- Apart from tracking, we also allow you to contact your carrier so that it is easy to get updates and other information relating to your classic car transport.
- Interstate compliant. We abide with all departments responsible for vintage and classic car transport services in Australia, and we are a fully vetted company. We have also worked with top classic car companies and built a massive network in Australia and overseas.
How Long Does It Take To Ship My Vintage Car?
Vintage cars or any car older than 25 years will take roughly 7-14 days from when we pick your car for delivery up to when we deliver to the desired location. You can get your car collected from 1 - 3 days after the order is placed, depending on your state. We understand the need to get your vintage vehicle as soon as possible, but sometimes our drivers work long shifts and juggle different time zones, which may not promise exact delivery dates for each client.
However, if you really need the vehicle in the stipulated time, there is often an option of premium service. We help collectors get cars to auctions on time, and at times, we advise customers on which shipping option to take, depending on the urgency rate.
General shipping services usually have flexible dates with +/- 1 or 2 days on the stipulated delivery date.
Transporting your classic car will cost you more or less the same as transporting other types of vehicles. But since classic cars are more delicate, you can opt for extra services like enclosed shipping, which might cost a little more than an open carrier alternative.
Upon request, we can definitely request a top-load only option in case you choose to transport your classic car using an open carrier.
However, covered transport or fully enclosed service is often the best option.
Our top-rated service provider includes insurance for classic cars, ask for a fully insured quote when booking your transport
Your Top Interstate Car Transport Service In Australia
If you have a classic or vintage car and need to get it to another location, our agents at Moving Cars will be ready to make arrangements. Just give us a call today, and we will help you out!