Transporting A Car with Personal Items Inside
Best way to ensure a safe and easy way to move your car with items
On most routes offered by Moving Cars there is now an option for you to leave some personal items in the vehicle being transported.
There are some general rules to follow and there are some specific to your quote.
The general rules are below, however, as each carrier may have slightly different rules please check your quote for the exact conditions
TRANSPORTING DANGEROUS GOODS IN YOUR CAR
This may seem reasonably obvious but you would be surprised what some customers leave in their vehicles.
We will not carry or otherwise handle Dangerous Items, including, but not limited to, dangerous goods, weapons, firearms, ammunition, petrol and fuel, LPG/propane cylinders, or any other item that we reasonably believe to be dangerous in nature.
Transporting a car with perishable goods
Another no no, if there is any chance that transport is delayed you can guarantee it will be in a vehicle that someone in their wisdom has decided to leave last weeks groceries in the boot, so please no perishables
Moving Pot Plants and any type of live item
Again we hope that this is reasonably obvious, there are some quarantine restriction on moving plants any, and again they will perish stuck in a locked car that is being transported across country, so no Gladioli or any other type of plants please.
A bit of common sense and courtesy
No rubbish. We realise that often people moving a car interstate are also moving home themselves and everything is one mad rush, but take 10 min to clean out any rubbish or loose items floating around the cars, this is more to ensure something does not smell even worse at delivery than it did at collection, but also means that nothing of importance is adrift in the car.
More specific rules will be on a per quote basis.
When you receive your quote there will be a link to any more specific rules based on each carriers requirements, but if you can do the following whenever possible it will make light work of everything when you come to check in your car for transport.
- Try to pack everything into boxes or suitcases whenever possible, we recommend removalist boxes or any boxes purchased from a self storage company, as these are very sturdy
- Nothing can ever be on the front seat or behind the drivers seat
- No legal or other type of responsibility will be taken on any personal items or goods left in car, regardless of the type of transport booked.
- No responsibility will be taken or investigated to any damage caused to internals of your vehicle if you leave goods inside the car.
- Under no circumstances can any goods be loaded into the tray of a ute.