Transporting Cars With Items Inside Standard Procedure
Interstate Car Transport With Personal Items
STANDARD RULES FOR TRANSPORTING VEHICLES WITH ITEMS INSIDE
These rules below apply to every car or vehicle transported with Moving Cars
There is an option for a more relaxed service, that allows less regulation on transporting a car with items inside, but this is often at a higher cost, if this is required, please obtain a standard quote 1st and then reply to quote and explain what you need to leave in a vehicle and we can see what options we have for you
- Goods are to be securely packed in appropriate removalist boxes or suitcases - We recommend standard removalist boxes or suitable airline suitcases, or closed travel bags and adequately restrained or contained to prevent movement during transit.
- All boxes/suitcases are to be left in the boot of the vehicle or back of station wagon.
- If your car is a station wagon or similar, nothing is allowed above the rear window to obstruct rearview mirror site
- Contents cannot exceed 80kg in total, 60kg in some cases.
- If goods are not packed in boxes or suitcases according to our requirements, we will refuse to transport your vehicle
- You bear all risk of loss or damage to personal items left in the car and damage caused to the vehicle by having personal effects in the motor vehicle
- Vehicles travelling into Tasmania must have Tasmanian Government Biosecurity documentation completed and supplied prior to transportation of the vehicle
TRANSPORTING DANGEROUS GOODS IN YOUR CAR
This may seem reasonably obvious, but you would be surprised what some customers leave in their vehicles.
We will not carry or otherwise handle Dangerous Items, including, but not limited to, dangerous goods, weapons, firearms, ammunition, petrol and fuel, LPG/propane cylinders, or any other item that we reasonably believe to be dangerous.
Transporting a car with perishable goods
Another no-no, if there is any chance that transport is delayed you can guarantee it will be in a vehicle that someone in their wisdom has decided to leave last weeks groceries in the boot, so please no perishables
Moving Pot Plants and live item
Again we hope that this is reasonably obvious, there is some quarantine restriction on moving plants any, and yet they will perish stuck in a locked car that is being transported across the country, so no Gladioli or any other type of plants, please.
A bit of common sense and courtesy
No rubbish. We realise that often people moving a car interstate are also moving home themselves and everything is one mad rush, but take 10 min to clean out any rubbish or loose items floating around the cars, this is more to ensure something does not smell even worse at delivery than it did at the collection, but also means that nothing of importance is adrift in the car.